Muma Happenings

Monday, September 22, 2008

Creaky House Saves the Day

I once was frustrated by the squeaky floors in our house and Anna's door that creaks every time you open it. When we redid her room, we even tried screwing down the subfloor to keep spots in the floor from squeaking. It didn't work. I wasn't really happy about that- especially because I spent a while on my hands and knees trying to make it work.

However, what I thought was a rickety house has now become my most prized possession and ally in the fight to raise my child the right way. Let me explain:

The door, oh the magnificent door... I send the child to her room and I can hear her shut the door as per my instructions-0r not. I can hear when she opens it and she's supposed to be up on her bed being disciplined. I can also hear when she gets off her bed to play in her room. Thank you oh my once despised subfloor! Today was a thank you-rickety floor and door day. Lots of time spent in the room around 5:30 and while trying to juggle the fussy infant, I was able to monitor my child's misbehavior- coming into her room when she got off the bed to tell her she would now be spending more time there, and giving a nice swift swat if necessary. I'm not really a tyrant-really! But some things need to be corrected.

So you see, what was once a major annoyance of mine has become a wonderful child monitor.
Now, for the day I have eyes in the back of my head... Science may not be far off.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home