Muma Happenings

Saturday, November 8, 2008

I laughed my butt off. And I ate.

Girls night out. Its just a marvelous thing.

I had had one of those weeks. There was at least one major fit every day this past week. There was a lot of spanking and I had had enough. I called Jodi Friday morning and said, with a shaky voice, "Jodi, I have thoughts of killing my child. We HAVE to go out. TONIGHT." She IM'd me and said, "Leanne, I am crying! I Feel the same way! HAVE TO GET OUT!" So we decided to meet at Via Maria. We ordered our food and talked and talked and laughed and ATE and ATE and laughed and ATE some more. The poor waiter... he probably never had any experience with how much lactating women really do eat.

At one point, he brought our appetizer out and said, "Just to let you know, the dip can be really deceiving, but its is really filling, so save room for your dinner." Jodi and I just looked at him like, really? Did you really just challenge lactating women? Are you aware we feed children from our bodies every 3 hours?

So, we had an absolute riot and were some of the last people to leave. We even had another friend, Jen, come later after her grocery shopping with her 4 month old and she ate whatever we left! It was in true frazzled mother fashion. It was great times. We complained about Wal- Mart and the wierdos associated with it. We talked about our first mortgages and how small and cute they were, and we recharged our batteries.

Its been a great morning- lots of patience, understanding, even my child is better behaved today. Thanks Dave for being the stay at home dad last night. The poor guy, after the way I've been acting the past few days, he practically pushed me out of the house. JUST GO!! YOU GO NOW!

1 Comments:

Blogger jodimichelle said...

oh man, I love this. Such a great wrap up to a wonderful night. Aaron keeps hearing tidbits of the evening - my favorite being how we sat in my car for a good 20 minutes singing songs at the top of our lungs and dancing. Also - the swear words. I love me some swear words when not attending to small children needs. FREEDOM!

November 10, 2008 at 10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home